I am adding two more songs quite different from the ones that I have posted so far. Both were found among my audio montages. One is a pure classical krithi but with orchestra backing which was done for Doordarshan in 1997. The other one is the evergreen "Tum Pukaar Lo", a Hemant Kumar Number from Kohra... This was done in 1998.
53) Tum Pukaar Lo-Hemant Kumar-Kohra 54) Chala kallaladu Konna-Aarabhi-Thyagaraja Krithi
Well I was busy for some days. Today I found these songs in my computer which I had sung in 2002. All are great numbers originally sung by the legends Rafi, Kishore & S.P.B ! I will be posting more songs as per the requests all of you have made, depending on availability of tracks..The tracks of these songs are as good as the originals so I still enjoy singing them.
50) Meet Naa Mila Re- From Abhimaan(S.D.B) 51) Yeh Mera Prem Patra- From Sangam(S.J) 52) Anjali Anjali- From Duet(A.R.R)
Kishore Kumar was a rage in his times for the peppy fast numbers, romantic songs and slow melancholy songs alike. His voice was magnetic, vibrant, romantic and yet full of emotion & pathos . Here I present some of his songs that are unforgettable and enchanting even today. These are excerpts from a live "Kishore Kumar Night" show done at Palakkad, 3 years ago for the Palakkad chapter of "Swaralaya". As I have mentioned earlier, the quality of recordings may not be up to the mark. But the experience of singing only in Kishore's voice for a whole show was challenging and exciting, and I would like to share those moments with all of you! I would like to add that whenever I sing a song of any other singer, especially of the legends like Mukesh, Kishore or Rafi, I try my best to be the singer, not just imitate the voice of the singer.....but be the singer...his voice..his emotion...his passion.... the singer takes over me completely....I do not know how or why but...that's the way it has been almost all times...I feel it's something beyond myself and my manufactured abilities......something I cannot just explain. The small clipping that I have here, is from a classroom in Tokyo, Japan. As part of the "Renaissance Program 2003," the participants had to interact with the Japanese school students. Here I also proved, that Kishore Kumar was a hit even with the young Japanese school students! Here you can see them clap to "Roop Tera Mastana" ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was even more astonished to hear that most of the students had heard this song!
The songs are numbered as below in the play list.
41) Aisi Haseen Chandni 42) Pal Pal Dilke Paas 43) Gata Rahe Mera Dil 44) Khilte Hain Gul Yahan 45) Deka Ek Khwab 46) Teri Duniya Se 47) Jeevan Se Bhari 48) Tere Mere Milan Ki 49) Zaroorat Hai
I am posting some of the greatest hit's of Mukesh. Hope they are a treat to Mukesh fans! They are parts of a live "Mukesh Night" that I did for the Palakkad chapter of "Swaralaya", four years back. The songs were copied from a cassette, so please bear with the quality. The songs are numbered as below, in the playlist.
34) Ansoo Bhari Hai 35) Dil Tadap Tadap Ke 36) Humne Tujhko Pyar Kiya 37) Kahin Door Jab 38) Chandan Sa Badan 39) Jane Kahan Gaye Woh Din 40) Sawan Ka Mahina
Thanks to Joe, I came to know this wonderful singer from the U.S. She is a bundle of talent and energy as you will all see. We have been working on this song since a week now and the results are here to see. I am really awestruck by the versatility of Vidyu. She was telling me that Tamil was the least comfortable for her compared to Hindi and Malayalam. But see for yourselves what result she has achieved! Yes it has become so unique in her voice. This song "Nee Paathi Naan Paathi" is one of my most favorite songs from "Keladi Kanmani" . Here Illaiyaraja is in his best elements as a composer. I once again am in admiration for the team of Vidyu and her husband for spending so much of their valuable time to make this song count. Vidyu surely deserves to be singing in films. I think I am going over the bridge...So folks listen and enjoy this melodious song! We have given our best shot. Still if there is anything lacking please forgive us as it would be only because we are not the Ganagandharvan Yesudas and Uma Ramanan singing in front of the maestro Illaiyaraja! That's our excuse.
I am posting five more songs in the following order...
28) Ezhazhagai (Arabic Remix-Full Version) 29) Naadopasakanai (One of my best best loved devotionals) 30) Poorumo En Shyama Meghame (My most popular Light song for Doordarshan which was penned by my mother & tuned by me) This song is posted as requested by Umechi! 31) Mere Naina 32)Iniyaarkkum Aarodum (Another Balabhaskar song for the Album "Aadyamai" by East Coast Audios. The female voice is Sujatha)